As concerns over the environment and our impact on the plant become increasingly important for the general public, the pressure to become more ‘green’ has never been greater. Manufacturing – traditionally seen as a polluting, energy-intensive industry – often attracts much ire around its sustainability. However, the industry is leading the charge towards the UK’s aim to be ‘net zero’ by 2050, with many manufacturers aiming to reach the target well ahead of that. This panel discussion explores ways manufacturing can ensure a sustainable future, as well as how the need to be sustainable is being driven not by traditional financial incentives, but by pressures from customers and suppliers.
During this session delegates will learn:
1. The changing face of sustainability
2. How prepared are you for Net Zero?
3. How to create a watertight sustainability strategy
4. Why sustainability should be front and centre of boardroom discussions
5. How to engage your staff with a sustainability agenda